We are delighted to offer for sale this superb, four double bedroom, self-contained apartment which forms the two upper floors of a substantial granite building located within a prime residential street in the heart of Aberdeen's fashionable West End. Offering an extensive level of stylishly presented accommodation, which is presented in showhome condition throughout, benefits include gas fired central heating and tall, deep silled uPVC windows fitted with new double glazed seal units. Period characteristics which are evident throughout the home include: original pine panelled interior doors and woodwork; high ceilings with moulded plaster coving, ornate cornicing, roses, and bespoke ceiling design; picture and dado rails; double height skirting boards; a bay window with pilasters in the lounge; and magnificent original oak fireplaces in the public rooms. The contemporary colour finishes are enhanced by a combination of quality floor coverings and bespoke window blinds which are included in the sale together with the light fittings, integrated appliances and white goods. At ground floor level the property is accessed via a panelled front door opening into a bright entrance vestibule with original terrazzo floor tiles, and natural woodwork with beautiful stained glass panels and side screens. A plaid patterned carpeted staircase with metal spindle balustrade ascends to the first floor landing, and extends beyond to the top floor rooms. The first floor accommodation comprises: elegant front facing lounge, boasting all the period features previously mentioned, where an oak fireplace with ornate carved mantel incorporating an open fire provides an impressive focal point; most spacious dining room offering ample floor area to accommodate a full dining suite, and also featuring a dark oak fireplace which adds character to the room; sumptuous principal bedroom enjoying a bright south facing aspect and benefiting from hanging and shelving facilities within built-in wardrobes; stunning kitchen with multi-functional central island, fitted with an array of white matt shaker-style cabinets, complemented by grey coloured work surfaces and splashbacks, and benefiting from quality integrated and free-standing appliances; adjacent utility room with walk-in store, and staircase leading down to the rear garden; and beautiful bathroom fitted with traditional white 'Shires' sanitary ware, a free-standing bath, and recessed shower enclosure. On the top floor a ceiling window draws in ample natural light to the galleried landing which benefits from built-in storage and offers space for quiet study. The remaining rooms comprise: three generously proportioned double bedrooms each decorated in their own individual chic style, two of which are located to the rear of the home and offer a fabulous open view over the neighbouring rooftops; and a lovely bright shower room fitted with white 2-piece suite, glazed corner shower enclosure, and extensive wall tiling. Representing a fine example of its type, interior viewing of this 'ready to move into' home is strongly recommended to fully appreciate its perfect west end location, stunning interior presentation, and very recently upgraded private, south facing garden at the rear.
- Entrance Vestibule
- First Floor Hall
- 6.02m x 4.22m (19’8” x 13’10”) approx
- Dining Room
- 5.56m x 3.28m (18’3” x 10’9”) approx
- Breakfasting Kitchen
- 4.14m x 3.58m (13’7” x 11’9”) approx
- Utility Room
- 3.12m x 1.83m (10’3” x 6’) approx
- Double Bedroom 1
- 4.57m x 4.04m (15’ x 13’3”) approx
- Top Floor Hall
- Double Bedroom 2
- 5.1m x 3.48m (16’9” x 11’5”) approx
- Double Bedroom 3
- 3.89m x 3.35m (12’9” x 11’) approx
- Double Bedroom 4
- 4.42m x 3.15m (14’6” x 10’4”) approx
- Shower Room
- Ample permit parking to the front of the property where a paved path with slate chipped border and tidy hedge leads to the front door. The exclusive garden area at the rear enjoys a private south facing aspect and has recently been upgraded to a high standard. A large slate paved patio offers a comfortable space for outdoor relaxation, and the newly turfed lawn is edged by a wooden trellis fence and a border hosting established conifers and a cherry blossom tree. Fence mounted solar lights. Stone built cellar with uPVC door.
- Single Garage
- The longer than average single car garage with up-and-over front door and uPVC side door opening into the garden, is accessed via a rear lane.
- From the west end of Union Street proceed onto Albyn Place and to the Queen’s Cross roundabout. Take the third exit off the roundabout onto Fountainhall Road, then turn second left into Desswood Place where number 109 is located along on the left hand side of the road.
Desswood Place is one of Aberdeen’s prime residential streets, set in the heart of the West End and conveniently placed within easy reach of many amenities. These include a range of independent shops, fashionable wine bars, cafes, reputable restaurants and hotels, leisure and recreational facilities, public transport, excellent primary and secondary schools, and private educational facilities. The City Centre is within walking distance and excellent road links ensure ease of access to other areas of the City, including the business park at Hill of Rubislaw, Aberdeen Hospitals Complex, and the retail and leisure facilities at Bridge of Dee.No result founded