We are delighted to offer for sale this superior, two bedroom apartment located on the ground and lower ground floors of impressive Elmhill House, a Category 'B' listed granite former nurses’ home which was sympathetically converted into a number of executive style apartments in 2006. This prestigious development successfully combines a range of modern and period properties, set within mature landscaped grounds which enjoy a particularly private setting, and offers a peaceful quality of living which is fairly unique so close to the bustling City Centre. This enviable home retains fine period characteristics which include double height ceilings and tall sash-and-case windows which draw in an abundance of natural light. Further benefits include gas fired central heating, a door entry system and TV security channel, ample built-in storage facilities, a designated parking space to the front and ample visitors parking to the rear. The internal décor has recently been freshened up and boasts striking accent walls which complement new flooring in most of the rooms. Externally, the windows, communal entrance hall and stairwell have also recently been painted. Representing an ideal choice for a professional couple or small family, interior viewing is essential to fully appreciate the appeal of this desirable home. Included in the sale are all floor coverings, window dressings, light fittings and white goods with certain other items of furniture also available by separate negotiation. The ground floor rooms comprise: welcoming reception hall with cloakroom/toilet; bright and spacious lounge/dining room boasting dual aspect windows; and stylish dining kitchen equipped with modern wood effect cabinets and quality “SMEG” integrated appliances. At lower ground floor level there are two good sized bedrooms, each benefiting from mirror-fronted wardrobes, one enjoying the luxury of an en-suite shower room, and the other providing direct access onto a shared courtyard. A smart bathroom fitted with white 2-piece suite completes the accommodation
- Reception Hall
- Welcoming entrance to the home displaying neutral décor complemented by solid oak flooring. A double door cupboard fitted with hanging rail and shelf houses the gas meter, electricity meter/fusebox. Wall mounted door entry handset. Smoke detector. Lighting is by uplighters. Staircase to lower ground floor.
- Fitted with a modern, white wc and wall-hung wash basin with chrome mixer tap and tiled splashback. Circular wall mirror and co-ordinating accessories. Extractor fan and recessed downlighters. Vinyl flooring
- Lounge/Dining Room
- 23’3” (at longest point) x 12’7” approx
- Instantly appealing room, the dimensions of which afford ample space to accommodate both lounge and dining furniture. The high ceiling emphasises the illusion of space and tall, dual aspect windows draw in an abundance of natural light whilst affording open views of the established garden grounds. TV aerial with satellite connection and security channel. Telephone point with Broadband connection. Curtains fitted to metal pole. Ceiling pendant and uplighters. Solid oak flooring.
- Dining Kitchen
- 12’8” x 10’7” approx
- Stylish kitchen, equipped with a comprehensive range of light wood effect cabinets complemented by under-unit lighting, brushed steel handles, contrasting black work surfaces, and splashback tiling. Stainless steel 1.5 bowl sink and drainer with mixer tap. Quality “SMEG” integrated appliances include a 4-burner gas hob with integrated extractor hood above, and electric oven/grill below; fridge/freezer; washer/dryer; and dishwasher. Ceiling pendant. Front facing window fitted with cream coloured curtains. Solid oak flooring. Ample space for dining table and chairs.
- Lower Ground Floor
- A carpeted staircase with fixed handrails descends to the lower ground floor hall which features a built-in shelved storage/display area on a bold accent wall, and understair storage area. Two glass light fittings and smoke detector. New carpet.
- Master Bedroom
- 15’8” x 14’ approx
- This delightful bedroom benefits from a double door, mirror fronted wardrobe which offers generous hanging and shelving facilities. Striking feature wall with co-ordinating pendant and new neutral coloured carpet. TV aerial point. Front facing window with deep display sill, fitted white wood venetian blind and curtains. Ample space for free standing furniture. EN-SUITE: Fitted with a modern, white wc, wall-hung wash basin, and glazed shower enclosure fitted with mains powered shower. Shaver socket. Fitted mirror above the wash basin. Chrome ladder style radiator. Wooden venetian blind fitted to opaque rear facing window. Recessed downlighters and extractor fan. Vinyl Flooring.
- Double Bedroom 2
- 14’2” x 10’4” approx
- Charming bedroom, attractively presented, with deep mirror-fronted wardrobes offering hanging and shelving facilities, and French doors providing direct access onto a shared courtyard. Brightly coloured feature wall. Co-ordinating curtains and new neutral colouredcarpet. Pendant light fitting.
- Smart bathroom fitted with a modern, white 3-piece suite, mixer shower and glass screen. Ceramic tiling around the bath and to the splashback areas. Fitted mirror above the wash basin. Shaver socket. Shelved display recess. Chrome ladder style radiator. Extractor fan and recessed downlighters. New vinyl flooring.
- The beautifully landscaped grounds with wide open spaces, manicured lawns, mature trees, and well stocked shrubberies. The original pavilion remains and offers a sheltered area to sit and enjoy the tranquil setting, whilst a shared courtyard providing a bit more privacy, is accessed via a stone staircase at the front of the building, and also from within bedroom 2. Designated and visitors’ parking facilities. Secure bike shed and refuse store with recycle bins.
- From the west end of Union Street turn onto Rose Street, travelling to the end and onto Esslemont Avenue. At the top, turn left onto Rosemount Place then right onto Argyll Place. Travel through the set of traffic lights and up Westburn Drive, turning right at the traffic lights onto Ashgrove Road. Turn second right into May Baird Avenue, where the entrance to Elmhill House is via the second opening on the right.
Elmhill House forms part of an established development which enjoys a particularly central location in the city. Within easy walking distance of Royal Cornhill Hospital and Aberdeen Hospitals at Foresterhill, also close by are Westburn and Victoria Parks. Aberdeen University’s Old Aberdeen Campus, Aberdeen Sports Village and Aquatics Centre are also easily accessible. There are local shops serving everyday needs, a Sainsbury supermarket, and a public transport service nearby. The property is also positioned a short distance from the popular Rosemount area of the city, which enjoys a vibrant atmosphere, and hosts an extensive range of artisan shops, popular coffee shops and independent bistros. The city’s main arterial route is located close by facilitating quick and easy access to most parts of the city, including Aberdeen International Airport, and the oil related offices at Hill of Rubislaw, Tullos, Altens, and Bridge of Don.No result founded