This highly desirable, terraced, granite, unique dwellinghouse is located in a quiet prime residential street.
Accommodation: On the ground and upper floor, original period features are in abundance, including panelled interior doors, restored original floorboards, bay windows, high ceilings with moulded plaster coving, picture and dado rails, and double height skirting boards. The uniqueness of this home was created in 2014 by a London based architect who designed a fabulous conversion of the rear of the house to make a living area with kitchen with a wall of six windows almost 20 feet high. The lower 3 windows are tri-fold doors which open onto a south facing and very private garden which is not overlooked. The modern kitchen has a bespoke and mobile island. The white high-gloss cabinets are complemented by quartz work surfaces, a silver grey granite tiled splashback wall, and quality integrated appliances. On semi open-plan concept there is a good sized dining area, which can alternatively be used as a cosy 'snug' or TV area. Both these rooms and a shower room have under floor heating. The shower room has 'Kohler' designer sanitary ware including a beautiful circular wash bowl.
On the ground floor at street level, accommodation comprises a light-filled vestibule accessed via a hardwood front door with leaded glasswork, and welcoming reception hall with large fitted bookcase; elegant formal sitting room with impressive wooden fireplace and ornate mantel incorporating a gas burning fire and a deep, front facing bay window. There is also a rear facing bedroom or study with floor-to-ceiling window looking towards the garden, and a gallery currently used as a home office.
The first floor rooms comprise: traditional master bedroom featuring a front facing bay window and modern en-suite shower room, two further double bedrooms, one front facing and the other south facing; and a bright family bathroom fitted with traditional white suite and mains over-bath shower.
The landing gives access to an extensive floored attic room with dual aspect velux windows and generous built-in and under eave storage.
Throughout the home there is a variety of lighting options including pendants, recessed downlighters, and a floating ceiling with concealed mood lighting. To fully appreciate the absolute charm and simply stunning unique features which this outstanding home has to offer, interior viewing is essential.
- Entrance Vestibule
- 1.75m x1.7m (5’9” x 5’7”) approx
- Reception Hall
- Sitting Room
- 5.18m x 4.01m (17’ x 13’2”) approx
- Bedroom 4
- 3.43m x 1.9m (11’3” x 6’3”) approx
- Home Office
- 3.53m x 1.6m (11’7” x 5’3”) approx
- Lower Ground Floor
- 6.43m x 5.74m (21’1” x 18’10”) approx
- Dining Room
- 3.53m x 2.69m (11’7” x 8’10”) approx
- Shower Room
- First Floor
- Master Bedroom
- 5.64m x 3.28m (18’6” x 10’9”) approx
- Bedroom 2
- 4.04m x 3.73m (13’3” x 12’3”) approx
- Bedroom 3
- 4.39m x 2.64m (14’5” x 8’8”) approx
- Attic Room
- 4.95m x 3.17m (16’3” x 10’5”) approx
- The neat front garden is enclosed by a dwarf stone wall, features a central rockery with established plants, and has a wide path leading to the front door. Bin storage area away from front door and stone steps leading down to the former basement entrance. The rear garden enjoys a particularly private and sunny aspect and is a haven for local birds. Fully enclosed, this child-friendly space has a paved patio for al fresco dining, and the neatly manicured lawn is surrounded by deep borders which host an abundance of trees, flowering shrubs, plants and herb garden which guarantee year-round colour. External power sockets. Wooden shed. Double cocoon hanging chair, which will remain. On-street parking with resident’s permit. Available by separate negotiation is a secure single garage conveniently located in the nearby Polmuir Road.
- From the west end of Union Street turn left at the traffic lights onto Holburn Street. Travel through the following traffic lights and at the roundabout take the first exit onto Fonthill Road, and travel for some distance. Turn right onto Polmuir Road and then first left onto Devanha Gardens. Continue round to the right onto Devanha Gardens South where number 21 is situated on the left hand side of the road, clearly identified by our for sale sign.
The property is situated within a much sought after residential area of Aberdeen, which enjoys a strong community spirit and is located only a few minutes’ walk from all the amenities within the City Centre. The Mall at Union Square which boasts a wide choice of retail outlets, restaurants, and a multi-plex cinema is within walking distance, as are the City’s bus and railway stations. Ferryhill is served by a reputable primary school which is an easy walk from the property, a nearby community centre, a variety of independent local shops serving everyday needs, established hotels with popular restaurants, and a public transport service. Duthie Park with its acclaimed Winter Gardens, and the swing park, tennis courts and putting green at Albury Park, are all close to the property, as are pleasant walks along the banks of the River Dee.No result founded