We are pleased to offer for sale this attractive, two bedroom, semi-detached dwellinghouse which is located within a quiet street in the bustling village of Alford. Offering a comfortable level of accommodation spanning two floors, this bright and airy home benefits from electric panel heaters on the first floor, a multi-fuel stove in the lounge, uPVC double glazed windows, and a detached single car garage with an extensive driveway providing convenient off-street parking for several cars. Included in the sale are all fitted floor coverings, window blinds, curtains and light fittings and interior viewing is recommended to fully appreciate this ideal opportunity for a first time buyer, couple, or young family. The rooms comprise: inviting entrance hall with deep shelved storage cupboard; open-plan lounge/dining room with focal fireplace; well equipped kitchen fitted with modern white coloured units, and providing direct access to the rear garden; and smart, fully tiled bathroom fitted with white sanitary ware and over-bath shower. Upstairs there are two spacious double bedrooms, one boasting generous built-in storage facilities. The garden areas to front and rear are tidy and easily maintained.
- Entrance Hall
- The inviting entrance to the home is accessed via a partially glazed door. Deep shelved storage cupboard with light. Understair cupboard housing electricity meter/fusebox. Wall mounted coat hooks. Smoke detector. Ceiling pendant. Full length curtain fitted to metal pole at door, and carpeted floor with matwell. Staircase to first floor.
- Smart, fully tiled bathroom fitted with a modern white 3-piece suite, comprising: wc; wash hand basin on pedestal with chrome mixer tap; and bath, above which is a “Mira” electric shower and glass screen. Extractor fan. Circular chrome spotlight fitting. Opaque glass front facing window. Ceramic floor tiles.
- Lounge/Dining Room
- 19’2” x 10’4” approx
- The focal point of this comfortably proportioned, open-plan room is the exposed brick fireplace with oak beam mantle which incorporates a cast iron multi-fuel stove. Co-ordinating décor, curtains and laminate wood flooring with dual aspect windows flooding the room with natural light. TV aerial with satellite connection. Smoke detector. Two ceiling pendants.
- Fitted Kitchen
- 13’4” x 7’7” approx
- Bright and spacious kitchen fitted with a range of modern white base, eye level and larder units complemented by brushed silver coloured handles, oak blockwood effect work surfaces, and coloured splashbacks. Ceramic white sink with mixer tap, above which is a window which overlooks the rear garden. Built-in, touch control electric hob with oven/grill below. The washing machine, dishwasher and refrigerator are available by separate negotiation. Traditional style clothes pulley. Extractor fan. Circular chrome spotlight track. Roller blind to window. Vinyl tile effect flooring. Partially glazed door to garden.
- First Floor
- A carpeted staircase with fixed handrails ascends to the first floor where a rear facing window fitted with roller blind draws in a good flow of natural light. Smoke detector and ceiling pendant.
- Double Bedroom 1
- 14’3” x 9’1” approx
- Attractive double bedroom, generously proportioned, and displaying co-ordinating décor and carpet, with contrasting curtains and roller blind fitted to the front and rear facing windows. Two built-in cupboards provide ample hanging and shelving facilities, and there is floor space to accommodate a range of free standing furniture. Concealed aerial for wall mounted TV, and telephone point. Ceiling pendant.
- Double Bedroom 2
- 14’3” x 7’2 approx
- Charming double bedroom decorated in a pastel theme, with neutral coloured carpet. Roller blind and curtains fitted to the windows, one of which offers an open view towards the surrounding hills. Ceiling pendant.
- The neat front garden is enclosed by wooden fencing, with a paved path leading to the front door. The garden is laid in stone chips, for easy maintenance with a mature flowering shrub adding a welcome splash of colour. Double wooden gates secure the extensive driveway at the side which provides convenient off-street parking for several cars in front of the garage. The enclosed garden at the rear is laid to lawn with a drying green, and fenced-off play area. Sensor activated security light.
- Single Garage
- Detached from the home, the single car garage has an up-and-over front, a side door opening onto the garden, power and light.
- Travel west from Aberdeen on the A944 to Alford, passing Westhill, Elrick, Dunecht and Sauchen. On reaching Alford travel through the village, passing Haughton Arms Hotel and a parade of shops on the left, then turn right into Montgarrie Road. Turn second left into Littlewood Place where number 29 is along at the end, on the left hand side of the road, clearly identifiable by our “For Sale” board.
Alford is a bustling village which lies approximately 26 miles north-west of Aberdeen, and boasts a wealth of local amenities which include primary and secondary schools with a new community campus and swimming pool, a bank, garage, library and health centre. A variety of coffee shops, restaurants, independent shops, a Co-op and Tesco supermarket serve everyday needs, whilst leisure pursuits include a popular golf course with clubhouse, a dry ski slope, and the stunning open parkland at Haughton Park. Alford is en-route to the Lecht Ski Centre, and is within easy commuting distance of the business parks at Westhill and Kingswells.