We are delighted to offer for sale this impressive and substantial, granite double upper apartment which is located within a prime residential area, lying to the desirable West End of the City Centre. Offering a spacious level of accommodation spanning two floors, there is an exclusive area of garden to the rear and large single garage accessed down a private rear lane. Most rooms boast many period features, including high ceilings with moulded plaster cornicing, ceiling rose with chandelier light fittings, double height skirting boards and brass switches. Also enjoying the comforts of a gas central heating system, original traditional sash and case windows within most of the rooms with replacement uPVC double glazing to the rear bedrooms on the top floor. Smoke alarms are installed throughout and wired into the main system. The apartment is tastefully decorated in wallpapering and painted finishes complimented by a combination of quality Amtico flooring and carpeting.
On the ground floor the home is entered through a twin panel entrance door, which gives access to the staircase leading to the first-floor accommodation and a door to the rear garden. At first floor level, the accommodation comprises: hall with turned staircase to top floor; elegant formal lounge with deep front facing bay window and focal point cast iron fireplace; an open plan concept kitchen with dining and sitting room offering a superb family living space as well as accommodating large social gatherings; access into the good sized useful utility room; and spacious double bedroom enjoying large twin frontal windows retaining many of its period features, a versatile room which could also be used as a formal dining room. On the top floor, there are three further double bedrooms all of generous proportions and a large family bathroom fitted with a traditional three-piece white suite and a double walk-in shower enclosure. Completing the accommodation is the cloakroom with a two-piece white suite.
Included in the sale are all fitted floor coverings, window dressings, light fittings and appliances within the kitchen and utility room, and interior viewing is highly recommended to fully appreciate its charming appeal.
- Entrance Hall
- Entered via twin panel hardwood entrance doors with fan light above, the Vestibule with timber glazed paned interior door leads directly up to the first-floor accommodation by turned wooden staircase. Decorated in Laura Ashley wallpaper, with contrasting toned Farrow and Ball painted woodwork and carpeting. High level cupboard housing the electric meter. Door to Rear Hall. Stained glass skylight.
- Rear Hall
- On the half landing, there is a timber interior door leading to the Rear Hall and out to the garden. A wooden staircase with hand rail leads down to the exterior door with fan light above. Wall mounted coat hooks.
- First Floor Hall
- A glass paned interior door leads into the Hall providing access to most of the first-floor accommodation. Under stair storage cupboard with shelves. Wall mounted consumer unit. Decorated in Laura Ashley wallpaper, with contrasting toned Farrow and Ball painted woodwork and beige wool carpeting.
- 17’9” x 14’3” approx.
- Most elegant formal Lounge boasting period features which include a deep front facing bay window with pleasant views across Beaconsfield Place, high ceiling with moulded plaster cornicing, ceiling rose with chandelier light fitting, double height skirting boards and a recessed alcove. An impressive focal point is the fireplace with cast iron mantle and slate hearth. Decorated in neutral toned Laura Ashley wallpaper, with co-ordinating toned Farrow and Ball painted woodwork and beige wool carpeting.
- Kitchen/Family Room
- 26’8” x 14’6” (at widest) approx.
- Undoubtedly the “hub” of the home, this space has been designed on an open plan concept which is ideal for family living as well as a fantastic entertaining space. The space is decorated throughout in Farrow and Ball emulsion on walls and eggshell on skirting and doors. There are three large rear facing windows flooding the spacious room with natural light while the rooms provides ample space for both dining and relaxing. Decorated in neutral tones throughout with Amtico flooring, there are three central large light shade fittings. Shelved cupboard housing the gas meter. The superb Kitchen features a comprehensive range of smart red and black gloss units with long chrome handles, quality granite work surfaces and splashbacks. Fully equipped with appliances including: Rangemaster (black) with several oven compartments and a six-burner gas hob with splashback and extractor-canopy above; Rangemaster fridge/freezer (black); and deep double sink with chrome mixer tap and spray within the central island of the Kitchen, also providing a breakfast bar area.
- Utility Room
- 11’1” x 7’4” approx.
- Fitted with the same co-ordinating base units as the Kitchen, with black laminate work surfaces, this good-sized room is equipped with: Siemens washing machine (black); Fisher & Paykel dishwasher (black); and stainless steel sink with drainer. Concealed wall mounted central heating boiler. Side facing window fitted with a roller blind. Spotlighting on track. Neutral décor and wooden flooring.
- Bedroom 2
- 13’4” x 12’6” approx.
- Of generous proportions, this Double Bedroom enjoys large twin frontal windows and retains many of its period features which include a high ceiling with moulded plaster cornicing, central ceiling rose, double height skirting boards, and recessed alcoves with shelving. A versatile room, previously used as a formal Dining Room. The space is decorated throughout in Farrow and Ball emulsion on walls and eggshell on skirting and doors. Beige wool carpeting. Chandelier light fitting.
- Upper Hall
- The turned staircase with hand rail gives access to the remainder of the Bedroom accommodation, Family Bathroom and Cloakroom. Stained glass skylight. Stylish light fitting.
- Bedroom 1
- 15’9” x 11’6” approx.
- A bright and spacious Double Bedroom overlooking the garden to the rear, with ample space for an array of bedroom furniture. The room has been decorated in pastel toned Laura Ashley wallpapering, co-ordinating Farrow and Ball painted wood work and beige carpeting. Large window fitted with roller blind. Low level chandelier light fitting.
- Bedroom 3
- 15’ x 12’3” (at widest) approx.
- Also situated to the rear of the home, a third good sized Double Bedroom decorated in grey tones. The large rear facing window draws in a great deal of natural light and is fitted with a roller blind. Ample space within the room for a range of free-standing storage furniture. Eaves storage space. Beige carpeting.
- Bedroom 4
- 13’6” x 7’9” approx.
- Decorated in neutral tones and contrasting toned skirtings and facings, this fourth Double Bedroom benefits from a large front facing velux window. Eaves storage space. Beige carpeting.
- 13’4” x 7’8” approx.
- Large Family Bathroom fitted with a traditional white suite, black gloss ceramic wall tiling, co-ordinating Laura Ashley wallpapering and Amtico flooring. There is a double walk-in shower cubicle with glass screen, full wall tiling and large chrome shower head. Also comprising: free-standing roll-top bath with a red finish and feet; pedestal wash hand basin with splashback tiling; and w.c situated below a front facing velux window. Spotlighting to shower area and further central pendant light fitting. Ceiling fan.
- With the same co-ordinating wallpapering as the main Bathroom, there is a small wash hand basin with black tiled splashback and w.c. Amtico flooring.
- To the front a paved path leads to the front door and on-street parking is available with a resident permit from the council. Fully enclosed walled garden to the rear with an exclusive area laid to lawn with mature trees, and a paved patio area ideal for alfresco dining within the summer months. Timber shed to remain.
- 19’5” x 11’6” approx.
- Situated to the end of the garden which backs onto the private rear lane. Large garage fitted with power/light and secure timber double doors. A timber gate gives access to the lane from the garden.
- 8’5” x 8’ approx.
- Good-sized shared Outhouse fitted with power/light, double ceramic sinks and water tap. Ideal for outdoor storage or an external utility space. Exclusive coal store.
- From the West End of Union Street proceed ahead onto Alford Place and then onto Albyn Place. Upon reaching the Queen’s Cross roundabout, take the third exit onto Fountainhall Road. Turn left into Beaconsfield Place and number 43 is situated a short distance along on the left-hand side of road, clearly identified by our for sale sign.
Located in the heart of Aberdeen’s vibrant West End, close to artisan shops, popular hotels, reputable restaurants and wine bars, the property is within easy reach of the City Centre. There are a wide and varied range of amenities on offer close by which include leisure activities and public transport links. The property is situated in an excellent school catchment area – Ashley Road Primary School and Aberdeen Grammar Secondary School. The main arterial route through the City is also close at hand ensuring ease of access to the hospital complexes, oil related offices, leisure and retail outlets at Bridge of Dee and beyond.No result founded