Thorngrove House is a prestigious “over 60s” retirement development located in the West End of the City, set within beautifully landscaped walled grounds with extensive lawns, mature trees, colourful flowering shrubs, and sheltered seating areas. Enjoying an enviable location within the development, with all rooms front facing and affording an uninterrupted view of the gardens, this attractive, one bedroom, second floor apartment boasts a delightful south facing aspect and benefits from the comforts of electric storage heating, double glazed windows, an intruder alarm system, and emergency pull cords in all rooms. Well proportioned, the accommodation enjoys a particularly light and airy ambience throughout. The neutral décor is enhanced by co-ordinating floor coverings and window dressings, which are included in the sale together with all light fittings and appliances in the kitchen. All other items of furniture as seen in the property are available by separate negotiation. The welcoming entrance hall benefits from a walk-in shelved storage cupboard. The instantly appealing lounge/diner is on open-plan concept, and offers direct access to the compact but well equipped kitchen. The good sized double bedroom benefits from a mirror-fronted wardrobe, and provides ample floor space to accommodate free standing furniture. Completing the accommodation is a modern shower room with cream coloured sanitary ware, vanity cabinet, and walk-in shower.
Maintained to a high standard throughout under a formal factoring arrangement, the development is protected by a security entry system; there is a daytime Duty House Manager, and 24-hour care line for emergencies; a residents’ lounge which hosts a regular programme of activities organised by a social committee; a communal laundry room equipped with washing machines and tumble dryers; and a twin guest room. In addition to the stairwells, there is elevator and stair-lift access to all floors, and outside there is ample residents’ and visitor parking facilities.
- Entrance Hall
- Welcoming entrance hall featuring neutral coloured carpet and white panelled interior doors. Walk-in shelved storage cupboard with light housing the water tank. Glass pendant fitting and smoke detector.
- 16’3” x 10’8” approx
- Instantly appealing, light and airy room displaying neutral décor with ceiling coving and co-ordinating carpet. “Dimplex” suite incorporating an electric coal effect fire in wooden surround. Two glass pendants. TV aerial and telephone points. Glazed double doors to kitchen.
- 7’4” x 6’10” approx
- On open-plan concept with the lounge, this area has a front facing window overlooking the gardens and affords ample space for dining table and chairs. Glass pendant fitting. Curtains fitted to the window and carpeted floor.
- Fitted Kitchen
- Well equipped fitted with a combination of white matt/limed oak cabinets, complemented by beech effect work surfaces, and splashback tiling. Wall mounted shelf. Stainless steel sink and drainer with mixer tap. “Neff” built-in ceramic hob with chimney style extractor canopy above, and electric oven/grill below. The “Beko” fridge/freezer will remain. Glass surface mounted ceiling light. Curtains fitted to front facing window. Carpeted floor.
- Double Bedroom
- 13’10” x 8’9” approx
- The dimensions of this room can comfortably accommodate free standing furniture, and a mirror-fronted wardrobe provides generous hanging and shelving facilities. The wall mounted TV will remain. Pendant light fitting. Curtains and carpet.
- Shower Room
- Attractive shower room fitted with a cream coloured wc; vanity cabinet housing a counter-sunk wash basin; and walk-in shower fitted with mains powered shower and glass screen. Fitted mirror and shaving light above the wash basin. Heated towel rail. Extractor fan. Surface mounted glass ceiling light. Carpeted floor.
- The communal outer hallways and stairwells are fully carpeted and benefit from security lighting, with an elevator and stair-lift serving all floors.
- From the west end of Union Street turn left onto Holburn Street. At the traffic lights turn right onto Great Western Road and travel to the shops at Mannofield where the entrance to Thorngrove House is a short distance beyond on the right hand side of the road.
Thorngrove House is located within the established Mannofield residential area in the West End of the City, well served by local amenities which include a Tesco supermarket and range of independent shops serving everyday needs, leisure and recreational activities, community facilities, a church, and a regular public transport service operating to and from the City Centre. The City’s main arterial route is also close by ensuring easy access to most other parts of the city.No result founded