We are pleased to offer for sale this charming, three bedroom dwellinghouse spanning two floors, which forms part of a small terrace of similar properties located within a particularly central and popular residential area of the City. Whilst the property would benefit from a full programme of upgrading and modernisation, it is well presented and offers considerable potential to extend and further develop the home, subject to obtaining any necessary planning consents. Benefits include gas fired radiator central heating to the ground floor rooms, with new boiler; uPVC double glazed windows; and a single car garage accessed from Clifton Road via a rear lane. Traditional features include panelled interior doors, original tiled fireplaces, and an “Aberdeen press” in certain rooms Particularly noteworthy is the extensive basement area which spans the entire footprint of the house, and an external store with power supply. The garden areas are immaculately tended, designed for easy maintenance, and enjoy a particularly sunny south-easterly aspect to the rear where the substantial area is both child and pet friendly and offers a perfect environment for outdoor relaxation. The ground floor rooms comprise: bright entrance vestibule and spacious hall with staircase to the first floor; generously proportioned lounge with front facing box bay window and feature fireplace incorporating a gas fire; good sized formal dining room, again located to the front of the home; kitchen with space for dining, and affording direct access to the lean-to conservatory, glazed on three sides and providing access to the rear garden; large rear facing bedroom with built-in cupboards; and bathroom fitted with coloured 3-piece suite and over-bath shower. Upstairs there are two very spacious double bedrooms, one with access to extensive eaves storage facilities; and a boxroom with velux window suitable for use as either a nursery, child’s bedroom, or home office. To fully appreciate the potential which this granite-built home has to offer, interior viewing is recommended.
- Entrance Vestibule
- Bright entrance to the home accessed via a glazed front door with fanlight. Wooden picture rails. Wall mounted intruder alarm console and glass light fitting. Quarry floor tiles.
- Spacious carpeted hallway, central to the ground floor accommodation, with a staircase to the first floor rooms. Wall mounted coat hooks. Telephone point. Smoke detector. Glass light fitting. Pantry: Comprising extensive shelved storage facilities, and an understair cupboard with light, this convenient room houses an upright freezer and refrigerator. Glass light fitting.
- 5.18m x 4.04m (17’ x 13’3”) approx
- A generously proportioned lounge which boasts a front facing box bay window which floods the room with natural light. Central to the room is a dark wood fireplace with tiled inset incorporating a gas burning fire, flanked by recessed alcoves. TV aerial point. Vertical blinds and curtains fitted to the window. Carpeted floor.
- Dining Room
- 4.32m x 3.96m (14’2” x 13’) approx
- Again front facing, this good sized room can comfortably accommodate a full dining suite, and a traditional shelved “Aberdeen press” houses the electricity meter/fusebox. Wooden shelved fire surround incorporating gas fire. TV aerial point. Triple glass shade light fitting. Vertical blind and curtains. Carpeted floor.
- Dining Kitchen
- 3.5m x 2.69m (11’6” x 8’10”) approx
- Equipped with co-ordinating base and wall units, contrasting worktops, splashback tiling, stainless sink and drainer. Fully vented extractor hood. Aerial and bracket for wall mounted TV. The electric cooker and washing machine will remain. Space for dining table and chairs. Curtains fitted to rear facing window. Vinyl floor covering. Partially glazed door to conservatory.
- 2.61m x 2.39m (8’6” x 7’10”) approx
- Enjoying a pleasant elevated outlook over the rear garden, the very bright lean-to conservatory is glazed on three sides, with a glazed door opening onto stone steps which descends to the garden. Brass wall light. Parquet flooring.
- Double Bedroom 1
- 3.58m x 3.53m (11’9” x 11’7”) approx
- Enjoying a quiet aspect overlooking the rear garden, this spacious bedroom has ample floor space for free-standing furniture, whilst an “Aberdeen press” and built-in floor-to-ceiling cupboards offer generous storage facilities. Original tiled fireplace with open fire. Antique glass pendant on chains, curtains and carpet.
- Fitted with a coloured 3-piece suite, Mira electric over-bath shower, curtain, and ceramic splashback tiling. Wall mounted mirror-fronted toiletry cabinet and shaver socket above the wash basin. Towel rail/radiator. Extractor fan. Pine lined ceiling. Opaque rear facing window. Parquet effect vinyl flooring.
- Double Bedroom 2
- 5m x 4.34m (16’5” x 14’3”) approx
- Most spacious, front facing bedroom with original tiled fireplace. TV aerial point. Carpet and curtains.
- Double Bedroom 3
- 4.01m x 3.66m (13’2” x 12’) approx
- Again front facing and generously proportioned with original tiled fireplace, this bedroom benefits from access to a particularly spacious eaves (12’ x 4’8” approx) storage facilities. Wardrobe to remain.
- 2.54m x 2m (8’4” x 6’7”) approx
- This versatile room could be used as a nursery, child’s bedroom or home office. Velux window fitted with blackout blind. Carpeted floor.
- The tidy front garden is enclosed by a dwarf granite wall and metal railings, with a gate and pattern paved path leading to the front door, and well stocked borders hosting a variety of mature flowering shrubs surround two stone chipped beds. To the rear the large, immaculately tended garden boasts a south-easterly aspect, enjoys day-long sunshine and offers a safe environment for children or pets. Designed for easy maintenance, a central lawn is surrounded by stone chipped paths and borders, and a large area of pattern paving offers ample space for outdoor relaxation. A large store room with power supply below the conservatory is vented for a tumble dryer, which will remain, and an exceptionally spacious basement with light houses the new central heating boiler.
- Single Garage
- Detached from the home and accessed from Clifton Road via a rear lane, the single car garage has wooden double front doors, and a rear door opening directly onto the rear garden.
- Travel west on Union Street proceeding onto Alford Place then turn right onto Victoria Street. Turn left onto Waverley Place and proceed onto Albert Street. Continue ahead, up Craigie Loanings, and at the traffic lights proceed ahead onto Argyll Place. At the next set of lights continuing ahead onto Westburn Drive and at the roundabout take the fourth exit onto Hilton Street where number 83 is situated on the right hand side of the street.
Hilton Street is situated in a popular residential location in the City, well served by local shops and public transport facilities and with some of the main arterial routes being located nearby, most parts of the City are readily accessible. The subjects offer easy accessibility to Aberdeen City Centre and close by is Aberdeen Hospitals Complex, Royal Cornhill Hospital and Aberdeen University’s Campus at Old Aberdeen. Excellent shopping facilities are available at nearby Kittybrewster and Berryden where a Sainsburys supermarket is located.No result founded