We are pleased to offer for sale this desirable, two bedroom, self-contained apartment which occupies the ground floor of an impressive, detached, granite building located in a quiet tree-lined street within a short walk of Aberdeen Royal Infirmary. Offering a spacious level of stylishly presented accommodation, this instantly appealing home boasts traditional characteristics which include high ceilings with moulded coving, natural woodwork and panelled interior doors, feature fireplaces, a bay window in the lounge, mosaic floor tiles, and restored original floor boards in the principal rooms. Enjoying the comforts of a gas fired central heating system with combi boiler, double glazed windows, and generous storage facilities, of further benefit is a single car garage which is accessed via a lane at the side of the property. Representing an ideal choice for a professional couple; all appliances, window blinds and most light fittings are included in the sale, and interior viewing is essential to fully appreciate the appeal of this lovely home. The accommodation comprises: bright entrance vestibule and L-shaped reception hall; generously proportioned, front facing lounge; superbly appointed kitchen fitted with a comprehensive range of cabinets, and affording ample space for dining; convenient utility room, adjacent to the kitchen, and providing direct access to the rear garden; two good sized bedrooms, each benefiting from built-in storage facilities and with ample floor space for free standing furniture; and a modern bathroom fitted with white sanitary ware and over-bath shower. There is a shared walled garden to the rear of the property which enjoys a sunny aspect and good degree of privacy, with a wooden deck providing an ideal space for outdoor relaxation; whilst the front garden is exclusive to the home and is screened from the road by a neat hedge. Ample on-street permit parking to the front.
- Entrance Vestibule
- Bright entrance to the home accessed via a solid panelled door with glazed fanlight. Electricity meter/fusebox cupboard. Traditional fitted plate rail, and mosaic floor tiles. Partially glazed door to hall.
- Reception Hall
- Welcoming hallway, central to the home and benefiting from a shelved “Aberdeen press” which houses the gas meter. The warm décor is enhanced by natural woodwork, panelled doors, and restored original floorboards. Smoke detector.
- 16’4” x 13’10” approx
- Instantly appealing, front facing lounge, the focal point of which is an impressive feature fireplace incorporating a cast iron inset and polished granite hearth. This generously proportioned room boasts traditional features which include a high ceiling with moulded coving, deep bay window, recessed alcoves, and restored floor boards. TV aerial point.
- Dining Kitchen
- 17’2” x 10’8” approx
- Superbly appointed kitchen fitted with a comprehensive range of light wood effect, shaker-style cabinets complemented by contrasting black high-gloss work surfaces. An exposed granite ingle-neuk fireplace incorporating a cast iron wood burning stove provides a pleasing focal point in this spacious room, and built-in appliances include a “Zanussi” 4-burner gas hob with stainless steel chimney above and eye-level “AEG” double electric oven/grill. The “LG” fridge/freezer will remain. Circular stainless steel sink and drainer with mixer tap, above which is a rear facing window overlooking the garden. Ample floor space to accommodate a large table and chairs. Spotlight fitting. Ceramic floor tiles. Door to utility room.
- Utility Room
- Bright room, conveniently located off the kitchen, and with direct access to the rear garden. Fitted base and wall units, worktops, and sink. The “Bosch” slimline dishwasher and “Samsung” washing machine will both remain. Circular spotlight fitting. Ceramic floor tiles. Side facing window.
- Double Bedroom 1
- 15’ x 10’5” approx
- Enjoying a quiet aspect to the rear of the home, this tastefully presented bedroom benefits from a built-in wardrobe fitted with hanging rail and shelves. Metal/glass ceiling light. Restored original floor boards.
- Double Bedroom 2
- 13’3” x 8’10” approx
- Most attractive, front facing bedroom, affording ample floor space to accommodate a range of free standing furniture, and storage within an “Aberdeen press”. Telephone point. Metal candelabra. White wooden venetian blind. Restored original floor boards.
- Accessed from the hall via a door with stained glass panel, the bathroom is fitted with a modern white wc; wash basin on pedestal; and bath, above which is a “Mira” mixer shower and curtain. Extensive wall tiling around the bath and to dado height on the splashback areas. Deep storage cupboard. Chrome ladder style radiator. Circular spotlight fitting. Opaque glass side facing window with deep sill. Ceramic floor tiles.
- The front garden is exclusive to the property, enclosed by a neat hedge with metal gate and path to the front door, and flower beds either side. At the rear, the delightful walled garden enjoys a private and sunny aspect, has a shared drying green, with exclusive areas pertaining to the property which host a variety of established shrubs and plants. A wooden deck provides an ideal space for outdoor relaxation. Vegetable garden. Cellar and shared two storey wash-house.
- Single Garage
- The single car garage is detached from the home and accessed via a side lane. Door into garden.
- From the West End of Union Street continue onto Alford Place and Albyn Place. At the Queens Cross roundabout take the third exit onto Fountainhall Road and continue to the end of the road. Turn left onto Beechgrove Avenue and then left again onto Mid Stocket Road. Turn right into Mile End Avenue where number 97 is located on the left hand side of the road.
The property enjoys a prime West End location within easy walking distance of a wide range of amenities available in Aberdeen City Centre and the bustling Rosemount area of the City, which include reputable primary and secondary schools, a variety of artisan shops, cafes, wine bars, the picturesque open spaces at Westburn and Victoria parks, and the hospital complexes at Cornhill and Foresterhill. Close proximity to the City’s main arterial route also facilitates easy access to most other areas.