We have pleasure in offering for sale this unique and deceivingly spacious, detached cottage located within the idyllic and historic village of Kincardine O’Neil.
Situated in the heart of the village the original cottage, (Circa 1850), conceals a fabulously substantial extension (Circa 1993) and a charming detached bothy to the rear of the property, which transforms the home into a well-proportioned, four bedroomed detached family accommodation, with an abundance of potential to support a variety of lifestyles and opportunities, be it working from home or simply enjoying the tranquil setting, with views towards the river Dee and extensive south facing gardens bordered by mature fruit trees.
The property retains many original features and character including but not restricted to inglenook fireplaces and exposed granite walls. Beautifully presented throughout, the home has benefitted from various recent upgrades including hard wired Wi Fi, Spa Bath, lighting tunnels and a new central heating and pressurised water system.
This desirable home offers light and airy accommodation within a most stunning south facing lounge featuring an imposing granite fireplace with wood burner. The lounge is adorned by full height windows with French doors opening out to the south facing patio and extensive gardens. This room also gives access to a good sized study and cloakroom. The generous modern dining kitchen lies within the heart of the property and gives access to the rear vestibule with cloaks cupboard. The downstairs of the original cottage also presents a most cosy snug with dual aspect windows and large wood burner stove set against exposed granite wall; beyond the central entrance hall there lies a cinema room fully equipped with flat screen TV, surround sound and amplifier, (which will remain).
Upstairs there are four double bedrooms with a most generous master bedroom served by a luxury en suite bathroom. The master bedroom commands delightful views across the field, towards the river Dee. Apart from featuring a luxury spa bath, the en suite also cleverly houses the laundry facilities which will also remain.
Outside the child and pet friendly south facing gardens include a large patio, extensive lawns and of course various mature fruit trees which give an abundance of crop each year. A rear access lane leads to off road parking for up to four cars and a large detached garage / workshop.
The versatile, detached, bothy currently presented with an open plan sitting and kitchen area, gallery bedroom space and a good sized shower / cloak room, has and could again provide a rental income as accommodation or an ideal office / work space for home working or enterprise.
Included in the sale are all floor coverings, light fittings, most window dressings and all appliances within the kitchen and utility area, while the quality curtains in the lounge and master bedroom may be available by separate negotiation and the furniture within the bothy is also open to negotiation. This unique cottage enjoys the comforts of LPG gas, timber double glazing with uPVC windows to the lounge, excellent built-in storage facilities and fresh neutral décor throughout with a combination of floor coverings. Various aspects and works remain under transferrable warranty including the felt roof, central heating system and wall insulation and damp proofing system within cinema room.
Viewing of this beautifully upgraded is strongly advised, and will undoubtedly appeal to those looking for substantial and unique family home in the heart of Royal Deeside.
- Entrance Hall
- The delightful Entrance Hall is entered via a hardwood glass paned exterior door, providing access to the ground rooms and a turned staircase ascends to first floor level. Neutral décor. Tiled flooring. Exterior door fitted with a floor length curtain on white wood rail. Hard wired Wi-Fi extender. Recessed spotlights.
- Cinema Room
- 4.78m x 3.5m (15’8” x 11’6”) approx.
- Currently used as a superb Cinema Room benefitting from a wall mounted 65” TV purchased July 2020, full surround sound and amplifiers, which will all remain, creating the perfect space for enjoying films and gaming. A glass paned interior door leads into this versatile room from the Hall, with dual aspect windows overlooking the front and side of the home fitted with roller blinds. Original alcoves with downlights. Ceiling coving.
- 4.88m x 4.75m (16’ x 15’7”) approx.
- From the Hall, a glass paned interior door leads into a charming space boasting many period features in turn providing a cosy and relaxing informal space. With dual aspect window to the front and side of the home with deep display sills, the original exposed granite wall features an Inglenook fireplace with a large wood burner stove set on a tiled hearth. A display feature is set within the granite wall and an alcove with shelving and low level cupboard houses the consumer unit and electric meter. Large under-stair storage cupboard is installed with wall mounted shelving and a light. Windows are fitted with co-ordinating floor length curtains on a brass rail. Neutral décor. Carpeting. Ceiling coving. Recessed spotlights and two wall mounted light fittings. Access into the Dining Kitchen.
- Dining Kitchen
- 8.15m x 3.5m (26’9” x 11’6”) approx.
- An instantly appealing family space with ample space for a large dining table and chairs, the fantastic Kitchen is fitted with a comprehensive range of maple wood base and wall cabinets with brushed chrome handles, contrasting ceramic work surfaces and tiled splashbacks. There is a central island with incorporated breakfast bar for informal dining. The Kitchen is equipped with integral appliances including: Hotpoint oven and microwave; Hotpoint electric hob, chimney style extractor hood above; integrated dishwasher; American style fridge/freezer; and 1 ½ stainless steel sink with mixer tap, waste disposal system and drainer below large window drawing in a great deal of natural light, and fitted with a roman blind. Further light is drawn into the room through two, recently fitted light tunnels within the dining area. Focal point to the generous sized room is the exposed granite wall part of the original cottage exterior wall. Hall leads to the remainder of the ground floor rooms. Hard wired Wi-Fi hub housed with low level cupboard. Tiled flooring. Ceiling coving. Recessed spotlights.
- Rear Vestibule
- 1.98m x 1.42m (6’6” x 4’8”) approx.
- Accessed from the Dining Kitchen, the Vestibule provides useful built-in cloaks storage with sliding white wood doors. A timber glass paned exterior door leads out to the Bothy and Rear Garden. Thick thread carpeting. Pine panelled ceiling. Recessed spotlights.
- 2.51m x 1.6m (8’3” x 5’3”) approx.
- Situated off of the lounge, this large Cloakroom is fitted with white sanitary ware comprising: pedestal wash hand basin with mixer tap and wall mounted mirror above; and w.c with a concealed cistern. Tiled flooring. Extractor fan. Recessed spotlights within pine wood panelled ceiling.
- 7.42m x 5.56m (24’4” x 18’3”) approx.
- An exceptionally spacious formal Lounge situated to the rear of the home with dual aspect windows overlooking the south facing Rear Garden with French doors giving direct access out to the patio area ideal for entertaining within the summer months. This pleasant room has a neutral colour scheme with a painted feature wall, carpeting and co-ordinating quality floor length curtains on a wooden rail. The charming focal point to the room is the vast exposed granite Inglenook fireplace with a large wood burner stove set on a tiled hearth with incorporated wooden mantle. Side facing window with deep display sill. Ceiling coving. Several wall mounted light fittings within the room. Hard wired Wi-Fi extender. Recessed spotlights illuminating fireplace.
- 3.2m x 2.49m (10’6” x 8’2”) approx.
- With side facing window fitted with vertical blinds, this room provides an ideal space for an Office with ample space for a range of desk and storage furniture. Decorated in neutral tones and carpeting, there are recessed spotlights within pine panelling ceiling.
- Upper Hall
- A turned, carpeted staircase with white wood banister ascends to first floor level with bright L-shaped Landing area installed with, white wood panelling and neutral toned carpeting. Front facing velux window. Alcove beside Master Bedroom with large side facing window fitted with a roman blind, providing an ideal space for relaxing. Ceiling coving. Recessed spotlights.
- Master Bedroom
- 6.91m x 4.39m (22’8” x 14’5”) approx.
- Most spacious Master Bedroom overlooking the Rear Garden, of a particularly bright and airy ambience with dual aspect windows flooding the room with natural light. The side facing window features a window seat ideal for unwinding with a book, this window dressed with roman blinds. Benefitting from extensive built-in wardrobe space with white wood louvre double doors, providing ample hanging and shelving space. Decorated in neutral tones, there is a wallpapered feature wall and neutral carpeting. Rear south facing window dressed with floor length curtains on a stainless steel rail. Recessed spotlights and further wall mounted light fittings. Ceiling coving.
- En-suite Bathroom
- 3.99m x 3.43m (13’1” x 11’3”) approx.
- Smart, recently upgraded En-suite Bathroom comprising: spa bath installed September 2019, with tiled surround and splashbacks; large corner shower cubicle with sliding glass doors; wash hand basin with mixer tap set and splashback tiles upon extensive vanity unit; and w.c. with concealed cistern. Incorporated within the vanity area with cream gloss cabinets and brushed chrome handles, there is a useful utility area housing the integral washing machine and tumble drier. Wall mounted mirror. Upright chrome heated towel rail. Laminate wood flooring. Side facing velux window. Ceiling coving. Recessed spotlights and wall mounted light fittings. Extractor fan.
- Guest Bedroom
- 7.67m x 2.79m (25’2” x 9’2”) approx.
- An exceptionally generous Double Bedroom with dual aspect windows (from front to rear) and enjoying a frontal bay window with window seat and pine panelling. Built-in wardrobe space and ample space for a range of free-standing storage furniture. Door to Shower Room. Neutral toned décor with a painted feature wall. Windows fitted with co-ordinating curtains. Recessed spotlights. Carpeting.
- Bedroom 3
- 4.75m x 3.23m (15’7” x 10’7”) approx.
- Situated to the front of home with bay window and pleasant window seat with incorporated pine wood panelling and curtains on a runner. Benefitting from two built-in wardrobe spaces with louvre white wood double doors providing generous hanging and shelving space. Neutral décor. Carpeted. Recessed spotlight and wall mounted light fitting. Ceiling coving.
- Bedroom 4
- 3.89m x 3.1m (12’9” x 10’2”) approx.
- With side facing velux window fitted with a roller blind, this good sized fourth Double Bedroom has a wallpapered feature wall, neutral décor and carpeting. Benefitting from double built-in wardrobes with louvre white wood double doors providing hanging and shelving space. Light shade fitting. Ceiling coving.
- Shower Room
- 3.1m x 1.83m (10’2” x 6’) approx.
- With access from the Upper Hall and also the Guest Bedroom, this generous Shower Room comprises: large walk-in shower cubicle with Mira Sport electric shower and glass screen; pedestal wash hand basin with mixer tap and wall mounted mirror with light; and w.c with concealed cistern. Full ceramic wall tiles to suite and white wood panelling window area and ceiling. Upright chrome heated towel rail. Rear facing window. Extractor fan. Recessed spotlights. Laminate wood flooring.
- The Front Garden is enclosed with a rendered stone wall with wrought iron railings and gate to concrete steps leading down to the front door from street level. Laid with low maintenance chipped stone. To the side of the home, there is parking for one car on driveway, although the current owners lease an area of land from the local estate for £100 per year for convenient off-street parking for two cars. A timber gate leads round to the side and rear of the home with a chipped stone path. There are two timber log stores. Recently installed store housing the (LPG) gas central heating boiler and water tanks, all upgraded in December 2019. The South facing Rear Garden is fully enclosed with stone walls with lawn areas separated by a central chipped stone path leading down to the Garage and parking area. There is an array of borders with a variety of mature plants and trees, along both boundary walls there are several mature apple trees growing an assortment of different types of apples. A paved patio area is ideal for alfresco dining within the summer months. With the bottom gate closed the garden is child and dog friendly.
- 5.1m x 3.48m (16’9” x 11’5”) approx.
- Situated within the Rear Garden, this detached Bothy provides further versatile accommodation. It has served most recently as catering space and even a bake house. It is currently presented as a space that could potentially provide some income as an air B’n’B, or alternatively a cosy Home Office for working from home. The space comprises: an open plan Sitting and Kitchen area; Shower Room; and galleried Bedroom. Entered via a timber glass paned exterior door into the open plan space with exposed granite wall and fireplace with wooden mantle. Side facing window fitted with floor length curtains. Neutral décor. Laminate wood flooring. Wall mounted light fittings. The Kitchen area is fitted with a range of shaker style, white wood base and wall cabinets and laminate wood effect work surfaces, and equipped with a two ring electric hob, integral fridge just 4 months old and circular, stainless steel sink with mixer tap. The Shower Room with full wall ceramic tiling, is fitted with a walk-in shower cubicle with Mira Jump electric shower and enclosed with shower curtain on a rail, pedestal wash hand basin with wall mounted mirror above, and w.c. Upright heated towel rail. Wall mounted dome light. Extractor fan. Tiled flooring. A wooden, fold away staircase leads up to the galleried, carpeted bedroom space within the peaked, pine panelled roof space and light is provided through a side facing velux window.
- 5.26m x 4.67m (17’3” x 15’4”) approx.
- Situated to the rear of garden and accessed from a shared, private lane, the 1 ½ large Single Garage benefits from an electric up and over door and is fitted with power and light. There is a large chipped stone parking area for four cars secured with wrought iron gates.
- From Aberdeen travel on the North Deeside Road and pass through Cults, Peterculter and Banchory. Continue towards Aboyne and on entering Kincardine O'Neil, Albany Cottage is situated a short distance along on the left hand side of the road, clearly identified by our for sale sign.
Kincardine O'Neil, located within the heart of Royal Deeside is located between the towns of Banchory and Aboyne, and approximately 25 miles to the West of Aberdeen city. Kincardine O'Neil is the oldest village in Royal Deeside and lies on the North banks of the River Dee, with a range of shops and primary school. The location offers an array of outdoor leisure activities including fishing on the River Dee, horse riding, mountain biking, forest and hill walking, gliding, canoeing, shooting and snowboarding.No result founded