We are pleased to offer for sale this idyllic, detached cottage set within generous grounds, located only a short drive from the town of Oldmeldrum. Offering a comfortable level of bright and airy accommodation spanning two floors, this home enjoys the benefits of an oil central heating system, uPVC double glazed windows and doors, some of which have been newly replaced, two working fireplaces on the ground floor, and a large outhouse within the garden which could serve a variety of purposes. In the past planning permission was granted for a full height one storey extension to the side of the home, although has now expired and information will be able on the Aberdeenshire Council Planning website. Uninterrupted countryside views are enjoyed to the front of the home, and interior viewing is highly recommended to appreciate this charming cottage, which will undoubtedly appeal to those looking for a rural setting yet within commuting distance of Aberdeen and surrounding areas. The rooms comprise: attractive kitchen fitted with a range of shaker style cabinets; good sized sitting room, accessed from the kitchen and enjoys an ornate open fireplace; inner hall with turned staircase to first floor accommodation; sun porch ideal for relaxing; charming lounge with wood burner stove; and bathroom fitted with three piece suite, shower over the bath and underfloor heating. On the first floor there are two generous sized double bedrooms with front facing windows, and a handy box room ideal for storage. Outside the gardens are tidy and fully enclosed providing a safe haven for children and pets. There is a large parking area for several cars and large outhouse ideal as an office or gym room. Included in the sale are all light fittings, window blinds, and the washing machine and dishwasher within the kitchen.
- 11’3” x 7’8” approx.
- Entered via a uPVC entrance door into the Kitchen fitted with a range of olive green shaker style base and wall units with chrome handles, laminate wood effect worktops and white gloss ceramic tiles. Equipped with Bosch integral oven, 4 burner gas hob and stainless steel chimney style extractor hood above, Samsung washing machine, Bosch dishwasher and white ceramic sink with chrome mixer tap and drainer below rear facing window fitted with a roller blind. Further side facing window with co-ordinating roller blind. Neutral décor. Wooden flooring.
- Sitting Room
- 14’1” x 10’2” approx.
- Accessed from the Kitchen through a wooden barn style interior door, this good sized room benefits from ample natural light through a front facing window and further side facing window. Ornate open fireplace and oak wood mantle is a focal point to the room, which features neutral décor, wallpapered feature wall and wooden flooring. Built-in shelved storage cupboard. Spotlighting.
- Inner Hall
- Providing access to the remainder of the ground floor accommodation. A new uPVC exterior door gives access to the Sun Room. Under stair storage cupboard with shelving. Wooden flooring. Spotlighting.
- 13’8” x 9’7” approx.
- Boasting cottage charm, this comfortably proportioned room enjoys a large wood burner stove with exposed stonework, slate hearth and oak wood mantle adding to the character of the room. Front facing window and further small side facing window both with oak wood sills. This room could also serve as a third Double Bedroom. Built-in storage cupboard. Decorated in painted walls and cream carpeting. Light shade fitting.
- Sun Porch
- 12’4” x 6’6” approx.
- Situated to the front of the home, the Sun Room provides an additional informal living space with direct access out to the garden through timber glass paned exterior door. Timber framed windows with views around the garden grounds, and fitted cupboards below. Wooden flooring. Pendant light fitting.
- 7’5” x 7’1” approx.
- Fitted with a traditional three piece white suite and comprising: bath with shower above, glass shower screen, and white gloss ceramic splashback tiling; pedestal wash hand basin; and w.c. Underfloor heating. Rear facing glazed window with deep sill. Dado height white wood panelling to walls. Tiled flooring.
- Upper Hall
- A wooden turned staircase with carpet treads leads up to the first floor accommodation. Front facing velux window drawing natural light to the landing area which is fitted with shelving.
- Bedroom 1
- 14’7” x 10’4” approx.
- Spacious Double Bedroom decorated in neutral tones and cream carpeting. A front facing window fitted with a roller blind provides uninterrupted views over the countryside. Benefits from built-in wardrobe space with wooden doors. Decorative feature fireplace with cast iron surround, wooden mantle and tiled hearth creating a pleasing focal point to the room. Spotlighting.
- Bedroom 2
- 14’8” x 9’9” approx.
- Second generously sized Double Bedroom with front facing window also providing stunning countryside views. Decorative feature fireplace with stone and cast iron surround, wooden mantle and tiled hearth. Decorated in neutral tones with a wallpapered feature wall and cream carpeting. Spotlighting.
- Box Room
- With rear facing velux window, this room provides ample storage facilities. Fitted with power and light. Subject to building consents could be ideal for conversion into a cloakroom.
- The property is set in well maintained, generous sized grounds with parking for several cars and a large outhouse which could be utilised in a number of ways including an office or gym room. The gardens are fully enclosed with timber fencing and drystone walls, two wrought iron gates from the parking area give access to the garden, which fully surrounds the house. There are areas laid to lawn, a further gravel driveway area with paths laid with chipped stones. The neat garden offers a safe haven for children and pets and there is an array of borders with mature plants and shrubs. The outhouse is split into two rooms fitted with power and light, several windows and wooden laminate flooring. The bigger room 15’4” x 11’2” (at widest) approx. has a large built-in storage cupboard, while the other room is L-shaped 15’4” x 8’ (at widest) approx. is accessed from the timber exterior door. There is a further space ideal for keeping gardening items. Timber log store to remain.
- From Aberdeen, travel out along the A947 passing through Newmachar. Before reaching Oldmeldrum turn right onto the Oldmeldrum to Pitmedden road A920. Travel along this road for a short distance where Blair Cottage is situated on the right hand side of the road, clearly identified by our for sale sign.
The cottage is situated a short drive from the thriving town of Oldmeldrum which boasts a strong community spirit and is ideally placed within easy commuting distance of Aberdeen, the oil related offices at Dyce and Bridge of Don, and Aberdeen International Airport. Amenities on offer within Oldmeldrum include pre-school activities, nursery, primary and secondary schools, a range of shops, post office, hotel, tennis courts, and 18-hole golf courses at the edge of the town and at Meldrum House. The property is also within ten minutes’ drive of the wide range of facilities available at the bustling town of Inverurie, and its train station.No result founded