This is a unique opportunity to acquire a charming, two bedroom, detached cottage which enjoys a wealth of local amenities within the popular suburb of Bridge of Don. Offering a comfortable level of accommodation on one level and boasting an enviable position within an extensive corner site, the property is screened from the road by walls and high wooden fencing, which offer a high degree of privacy. This instantly appealing home has recently been fully modernised and upgraded to a high standard throughout, and internal improvements include re-plastered walls and ceilings; a new gas fired central heating system with combi boiler has been installed; new double glazed windows, and a security alarm have been fitted; the kitchen area is equipped with a stylish range of stylish new shaker-style cabinets and integrated appliances; and the bathroom and en-suite shower room are fitted with contemporary, white sanitary ware and vanity cabinets. The property has been re-wired, lighting throughout is by recessed downlighters, and a combination of new laminate wood flooring and carpeting complement the neutral décor. Generous storage facilities are provided within built-in, mirror-fronted wardrobes in each of the bedrooms as well as a partially floored and insulated storage loft. Externally, new high wooden fencing has been erected, new smooth cement render has been applied to the property and surrounding walls, and uPVC cladding fixed to the entrance vestibule. Planning permission exists to extend the property by creating a new lounge, dining kitchen and two bedrooms, and plans are available for inspection at the home. Included in the sale are all fitted floor coverings, window blinds, and integrated white goods, and the rooms comprise: bright entrance vestibule and reception hall; instantly appealing lounge/kitchen on open-plan concept; superb master bedroom with fabulous en-suite shower room; ideal second bedroom; and smart bathroom. Interior viewing is essential to fully appreciate the appeal, location and potential of this “ready to move into” home.
- Entrance Vestibule
- The bright entrance to the home is accessed via a partially glazed/uPVC door. White wooden venetian blinds fitted to the windows, and laminate wood flooring. Wall mounted alarm control pad.
- The reception hall runs the length of the property and provides access to all rooms via solid oak doors. Front facing window fitted with white wooden venetian blind. Laminate wood flooring.
- 13’1” x 12’6” approx
- Instantly appealing room enjoying comfortable proportions, and displaying neutral décor which is enhanced by contrasting laminate wood flooring, and white wooden venetian blinds fitted to the side and front facing bay windows. Built-in cupboard housing electricity meter/fusebox. Laminate wood flooring.
- 8’9” x 8’3” approx
- On open-plan concept with the lounge the stylish kitchen boasts a range of graphite grey coloured, shaker-style cabinets complemented by copper coloured handles, contrasting butchers block work surfaces and upstands. Stainless steel “Belfast” style sink with mixer tap, above which is a rear facing window with deep sill fitted with a micro venetian blind. Integrated appliances include a 4-burner gas hob with stainless steel splashback and chimney style extractor above; eye-level microwave oven and electric oven/grill; fridge/freezer; and washer/dryer. Heat sensor and extractor fan. Laminate wood flooring.
- Master Bedroom/En-Suite
- 11’10” x 11’8” approx
- Superb, bright and spacious bedroom benefiting from generous hanging and shelving facilities within a triple, mirror-fronted wardrobe, and with ample floor space to accommodate a range of free standing furniture. Large built-in cupboard housing the central heating boiler. Hatch to loft space. Front facing window fitted with white wooden venetian blind, and carpeted floor. EN-SUITE: Fabulous shower room fitted with contemporary sanitary ware in a white finish, comprising: wc; vanity cabinet incorporating a counter-sunk wash basin with mixer tap; and large shower area with fixed and flexible shower heads, and glass screen. Extensive black quartz effect wet-wall panelling within the shower and along the splashback wall. Illuminated mirror above the wash basin. Tall chrome ladder style radiator. Extractor fan. Opaque front facing window fitted with roller blind. Laminate wood flooring.
- Bedroom 2
- 9’4” x 9’2” approx
- Delightful, rear facing bedroom with built-in, mirror-fronted wardrobe. TV aerial point. Spotlight track. Hatch to loft space. Micro venetian blind and carpet.
- Smart bathroom fitted with contemporary white sanitary ware, comprising: wc; vanity drawer cabinet incorporating a wash basin with mixer tap; and bath. White quartz effect wet-wall panelling around the bath and splashback areas, and laminate wood flooring. Tall chrome ladder style radiator. Opaque rear facing window with deep sill fitted with roller blind.
- The extensive garden area lies to the front of the property and offers potential to extend the existing home, and/or erect a garage/outhouses, subject to obtaining the necessary planning consents. Fully enclosed by walls and high fencing, which provide a high degree of privacy, the garden is laid in low maintenance granite chips, can be accessed by both Balgownie Road and Scotstown Road, and offers secure off-street parking for several vehicles. Outside lighting. Water tap.
- From Aberdeen City Centre travel north on King Street, travelling across Bridge of Don. At the traffic lights turn left onto Balgownie Road. Braehead Cottage is located at the junction with Scotstown Road, clearly identifiable by our “For Sale” sign.
The Bridge of Don area is well served by local amenities, including a variety of shops serving everyday needs, Lidl, Asda and Tesco supermarkets, primary and secondary schools, health centres, pubs, and restaurants. Conveniently located for access to Aberdeen International Airport, the oil-related offices at Bridge of Don and Dyce, a regular public transport service operates to and from the City Centre. Leisure facilities include a community centre with swimming pool, a state–of-the-art private fitness club in nearby Danestone, pleasant walks along the banks of the River Don, at Brig o’ Balgownie, along the nature reserve and estuary at Bridge of Don, and within the picturesque open spaces at Seaton Park. There are also several challenging golf courses close by including Royal Aberdeen, Murcar, and the world renowned Trump International Resort.No result founded