We take pleasure in offering for sale this most desirable, stone-built, steading conversion which enjoys a prominent position in an elevated coastal setting and boasts fabulous south facing views over the coastline, sea, and neighbouring village of Newtonhill. Located within a few minutes drive of Aberdeen City Centre, this enviable property is not simply a home, but more a tranquil retreat, offering its residents the opportunity to relax, entertain and exercise under one roof, with the unique added bonus of a two bedroom, detached 'Bothy' offering quality self-contained accommodation, ideal for extended family, visiting guests, or alternatively a lucrative rental opportunity. Picturesque coastal paths extending to nearby Portlethen and Newtonhill surround the property and benefits include oil central heating, double glazed windows, an intruder alarm system, and parking for several vehicles on a gated tarmac driveway. On arrival at the property interest is immediately sparked by the exterior facade which oozes charm and character, with a covered terrace offering a perfect outdoor space to enjoy the surrounding vista. A light and airy vestibule opens into the farmhouse-style kitchen with central island, undoubtedly the heart of the home, perfect for everyday family living as well as large social gatherings. The four bedrooms are located in the west wing, and are all of double proportions, with the master suite boasting exceptional built-in wardrobe facilities as well as the luxury of an en-suite bathroom. Also housed in the west wing are a stylish shower room, utility and boiler rooms. Moving across to the east wing, viewers will not fail to be impressed by the extent of the lounge with its vaulted ceiling, exposed beams and polished hardwood floor, where an impressive open fireplace incorporating a multi fuel stove provides a pleasing focal point on an exposed stone wall. Tucked in the corner is a bespoke bar, a novel feature for entertaining guests. Adjacent to the lounge is a large formal dining room, ideal for dinner parties and affording direct access onto a wrap-around balcony, again commanding a breath-taking view of the stunning local scenery. Without question, the 'piece de resistance' has to be the fabulous indoor heated swimming pool with floor-to-ceiling windows and tiled lounging area, which is complemented by a sauna and shower at lower ground floor level. The immaculately tended grounds, which extend to approximately one-third of an acre, are thoughtfully landscaped and comprise finely manicured lawns, well stocked flower beds, a pond, and strategically placed seating areas. This outstanding home certainly has the “wow” factor and represents an ideal choice for a large sociable family, whilst the versatile accommodation offers potential for adults to work or run a business from home, and interior viewing is absolutely essential to fully appreciate everything it has to offer.
The Bothy: Detached, self-contained unit with ground level terrace, elevated balcony, exclusive parking space, and intruder alarm, comprising: hall; open-plan lounge/kitchen; 2 double bedrooms; and shower room. This charming facility has generated regular rental income in recent years. Council Tax Band “D”.
- Entrance Vestibule
- 3.48m x 2.13m (11’5” x 7’) approx
- Dining Kitchen
- 6.1m x 4.01m (20’ x 13’2”) approx
- 8.61m x 4.62m (28’3” x 15’2”) approx
- Dining Room
- 4.57m x 4.09m (15’ x 13’5”) approx
- Swimming Pool
- 9.14m x 6.63m (30’ x 21’9”) approx
- Master Bedroom/En-Suite
- 4.98m x 4.65m (16’4” x 15’3”) approx
- Double Bedroom 2
- 3.66m x 3.3m (12’ x 10”10”) approx
- Double Bedroom 3
- 3.89m x 3.68m (12’9” x 12’1”) approx
- Double Bedroom 4
- 3.48m x 2.44m (11’5” x 8’) approx
- Shower Room
- 2.59m x 1.88m(8’6” x 6’2”) approx
- Utility Room & Boiler Room
- Lower Ground Floor
- There are ample parking facilities on a gated tarmac driveway at the front. The beautifully landscaped grounds, which extend to approximately one-third of an acre, are enclosed by wooden, ranch-style fencing. Stocked with an abundance of conifers, flowering plants and shrubs which offer year-round colour at the front, neatly manicured lawns with strategically placed seating areas surround the home to take full advantage of the spectacular location. Large wooden store with power supply and wooden tool shed at the rear.
- From Aberdeen travel south on the A90 to approximately 0.5 miles beyond Portlethen, exiting the dual carriageway where signposted ‘East Cammachmore’. Travel approximately 0.5 miles along this tarmac road, cross the bridge, then bear left shortly thereafter where ’The Steading’ is located a short distance ahead, clearly identifiable by our “For Sale” sign.
The property is located to the south of Aberdeen City, equidistant to Portlethen and Newtonhill, where there are a wealth of community facilities including independent retailers and supermarkets, pre-school groups, primary and secondary schools, community and medical centres, challenging 18-hole golf course, and various other sports facilities. Also, the AWPR facilitates a quick route to Royal Deeside, Aberdeen International Airport, and surrounding towns.No result founded