Enjoying an idyllic rural location and occupying an elevated site only four or five miles from the city centre, this most impressive three bedroom semi detached dwellinghouse forms part of a Category B listed former church. Tastefully renovated and re-designed to provide spacious family accommodation the property retains many original features including vestry style windows, natural wood doors and facings and a vaulted pitch pine ceiling in the lounge. The accommodation comprises of a spacious and welcoming entrance vestibule and hallway which has been tastefully decorated and finished with stone tiled flooring. The delightful lounge, with four large picture windows on three aspects is finished with natural wood flooring, a vaulted pine ceiling and wall lights. A particular feature of this room is the lovely stone fireplace with carved wooden mantel which houses a multi fuel stove. The generous farmhouse style kitchen is truly the heart of the home and has been fitted with a range of quality base and wall units together with integrated appliances, a Range style cooker and a Belfast sink. The kitchen provides ample space for a large dining table and chairs and has also been finished with stone tiled flooring. Completing the accommodation on the ground floor is a generous double bedroom and a shower room. A carpeted staircase with carved wooden balustrade leads to the upper hallway where there are two further generously proportioned double bedrooms and a beautifully appointed family bathroom which features a free standing traditional style roll top bath and a separate shower enclosure. Outside a shared gravel driveway leads to a parking area to the front of the property. The landscaped gardens which surround the property have been attractively landscaped with large areas of lawn bounded by mature, well stocked flower and shrub borders. A sheltered patio area provides a lovely outdoor dining space. The property also benefits from LPG central heatingand is fully double glazed. The fitted carpets, light fittings and some curtains are to be included in the sale.
- Entered by a solid wood door with glazed upper panels the entrance vestibule has a fitted storage cupboard and a further Georgian style glazed door leading to the hall.
- A spacious and welcoming entrance hallway decorated in neutral tones and finished with stone tiled flooring. Fitted storage cupboard and further understair storage cupboard.
- 7.21m x 5.63m (23`8” x 18`6”) approx.
- An exceptionally spacious and bright room with four large windows to the side, front and rear enjoying south and west facing aspects over the gardens towards open countryside beyond. Tastefully decorated in neutral tones the lounge features natural wood flooring, wall lights and an unusual pitch pine vaulted ceiling. A particular feature of this room is the large stone fireplace with carved wooden mantel which houses a multi fuel stove. T.V. and Telephone points.
- Dining Kitchen
- 5.71m x 4.34m (18`9” x 14`3”) approx.
- Providing ample space for a large dining table and chairs this superb dining kitchen has been decorated in soft tones and finished with stone tiled flooring and large windows enjoying south and west facing views. The kitchen has been fully fitted with a range of period base and wall units with polished granite worksurfaces, tiled splashbacks, a Belfast style sink with brushed steel mixer taps, and a range of quality integrated appliances which include a Britannia six burner LPG Range style cooker with extractor canopy and wooden mantel above, dishwasher, washer/dryer and fridge/freezer. A large central island is fitted with co-ordinating polished granite worksurfaces, wine rack and a range of cupboards.
- Double Bedroom 3
- 4.08m x 3.65m (13`5” x 12`) approx.
- A spacious and bright double bedroom, decorated and carpeted in neutral tones and finished with a wooden picture rail.
- Shower Room
- Freshly presented the shower room has been finished with tiled flooring and is fitted with a modern two piece white suite with tiled splashback to the wash hand basin. A separate fully tiled shower enclosure houses a “Mira sport” shower. Heated towel rail/radiator. Xpelair.
- Upper Hall
- A carpeted staircase with carved wooden balustrade and spindles leads to the galleried upper hallway which is finished with a wood panelled ceiling and has a window to the front of the property providing natural light to the staircase. Fitted storage cupboard housing hot water tank.
- Double Bedroom 1
- 5.43m x 4.36m (17`10” x 14`4”) approx.
- Beautifully presented and spacious double bedroom, decorated and carpeted in neutral tones and enjoying superb open views by way of a feature arched window and a further velux window. Large fitted wardrobes fitted with a range of shelves, hanging rails and bi-fold doors. Access hatch to loft.
- Double Bedroom 2
- 3.65m x 3.25m (12` x 10`8”) approx.
- This again is a good sized double bedroom decorated and carpeted in neutral tones and enjoying a pleasant aspect to the side of the property by way of an arched window and large velux window. Double fitted wardrobe with bi-fold doors.
- 3.17m x 2.99m (10`5” x 9`10”) approx.
- Instantly appealing this centrally situated family bathroom has been finished with wood panelling to dado level with a wide display shelf running along two walls and a wood panelled ceiling. The bathroom has been fitted with a three piece white suite which comprises of a W.C., Wash hand basin and a feature free standing traditional style roll top bath with claw feet and a central mixer tap with shower attachment. A separate corner shower enclosure has been fully tiled and is fitted with a large waterfall shower head and additional adjustable head. Heated towel rail/radiator. Shaver point. Xpelair.
- The landscaped gardens which surround the property have been attractively landscaped with large areas of lawn bounded by mature, well stocked flower and shrub borders with mature trees forming the boundary. An enclosed, cobbled patio area provides the ideal sheltered spot for outdoor dining and benefits from superb views over the surrounding countryside. A shared gravel driveway leads to gravelled parking area to the front of the property. Wooden garden shed. Outside water tap. Rotary dryer.
- Travelling from the city centre continue to the Bridge of Dee, cross the river and take the third exit off the round about to Leggart Terrace (B9077). Continue for approximately 2 miles and turn left immediately after the church on the left hand side, signposted Banchory Devenick. Continue to the top of the hill and turn left at the T-Junction. The property is the first house on the right hand side and is entered through double wrought iron gates, with parking immediately on the right (space for three cars).
Locality: Banchory Devenick is a lovely residential suburb which lies to the south west of Aberdeen providing the residents with the advantages of rural life but the conveniences of the city on the doorstep. Some five minutes drive from Aberdeen's Bridge of Dee, this property enjoys fantastic scenery, woodland walks and a first-rate primary school. The property is also within a short commute to the Private Schools within the city. The business and industrial estates at Portlethen, Tullos and Altens are within easy commuting distance and the recently opened AWPR has also added to the ease of commuting out with the city.No result founded