Located within a quiet tree-lined street in a popular residential area of the City, this is a traditional, granite-fronted, semi-detached dwellinghouse with integral single garage. Offering a comfortable level of accommodation spanning two floors, benefits include uPVC double glazed windows and external doors, gas fired central heating with dual-fuel Smart meter, generous built-in storage facilities, and a double driveway in front of the garage. The property is accessed via a bright entrance vestibule, and hallway benefiting from a deep understair shelved storage cupboard with power supply. Pine panelled interior doors provide access to the ground floor accommodation, which comprises: spacious lounge boasting a front facing, bay-style window and central oak fireplace incorporating a functional open fire which offers a pleasing focal point; generously proportioned dining room, the dimensions of which afford ample space to accommodate a full dining suite, with two alcoves and patio doors opening directly onto the rear garden; and well equipped kitchen, offering direct access to the rear garden, and fitted with a comprehensive range of cabinets in a matt white/opaque glass finish, complemented by concealed lighting, brushed steel handles, contrasting work surfaces and splashback tiling with integrated ceramic hob, chimney-style extractor canopy, and eye-level oven/grill. A carpeted staircase ascends from the hall to the first floor landing and remaining rooms. On this floor there is a large, front facing bedroom which boasts extensive hanging and shelving facilities within wall-to-wall, mirror-fronted wardrobes whilst there is also ample floor space for free-standing furniture. Furthermore, a good sized rear facing bedroom with hatch to the floored loft space, accessed via a pull-down Fakro ladder; and a single bedroom, each benefit from ample built-in storage space. Completing the first floor accommodation is the bathroom, fitted with a coloured 3-piece suite and over-bath shower. Ceilings and walls in certain rooms have suffered water damage, but repairs are believed to have been carried out to the roof and gutters to prevent further water ingress. A degree of modernisation and upgrading is required to this home, and interior viewing is recommended to appreciate its potential.
- Entrance Vestibule
- 5.21m x 3.76m (17’1” x 12’4”) approx
- Dining Room
- 4.32m x 3.48m (14’2” x 11’5”) approx
- Fitted Kitchen
- 3.17m x 2.41m (10’5” x 7’11”) approx
- First Floor
- Bedroom 1
- 4.06m x 2.56m (13’4” x 8’5”) approx
- Bedroom 2
- 3.91m x 3.1m (12’10 x 10’2”) approx
- Bedroom 3
- 3.07m x 2.18m (10’1” x 7’2”) approx
- 3.4m x 1.8m (11’2” x 5’11”) approx
- The front of the property is laid in tarmac to provide convenient off-road parking for two vehicles in front of the garage. A small shrub border hosts colourful azalea, pieris and rhododendron plants. Carriage light. Fully enclosed and enjoying a particularly private aspect, the rear garden is bounded by mature hedging and a stone wall. A paved patio offers an ideal space for outdoor relaxation, and the remainder of the garden is laid to lawn, surrounded by well stocked borders filled with a variety of heathers and flowering shrubs, rowan and apple trees, and flowering shrubs including hydrangea, buddleia, and pieris. Wooden shed. Outside lighting and water tap.
- Single Garage
- Integral to the property, the single car garage is fitted with power, light, shelving and a workbench, has an up-and-over front door, and door opening onto the rear garden.
- From the west end of Union Street proceed onto Albyn Place and Queens Road. Travel ahead at the roundabout on North Anderson Drive and proceed to the second set of traffic lights, where turn left onto Springfield Road. Continue ahead at the following set of traffic lights, then turn second right onto Craigton Road. Turn third right onto Airyhall Avenue, then first right onto Airyhall Terrace where number 5 is located on the left hand side of the road.
The property is situated in a popular, established residential area which is well served by local shops at Mannofield and Seafield, along with a much used library and community centre. A regular public transport service operating to and from the City Centre is available nearby, and the area is well served by reputable primary and secondary schools. Also within an easy walk is the beautifully wooded Hazlehead Park, set in 180 acres, a popular outdoor venue for families, sports enthusiasts and walkers which includes two 18-hole golf courses, and a children's play area. The city’s main arterial route is easily accessible which gives the commuter a quick route to Aberdeen Internal Airport, Aberdeen Hospitals Complex and most other areas of the city.