We are delighted to offer for sale this enviable, four bedroom, detached dwellinghouse with single car garage which is located within the popular village of Newtonhill. Offering a particularly spacious level of accommodation spanning two floors, this individually designed home is set back and screened from the road by mature hedging, and boasts a quaint facade which oozes kerb appeal. The charming multi-paned, double glazed windows have mostly been replaced in maintenance-free uPVC, there is a gas fired central heating system controlled by a Hive smart thermostat, and an intruder alarm system. Enjoying a particularly light and airy ambience throughout, the fresh décor is displayed in a neutral colour palette complemented by white panelled interior doors, white plantation shutters in certain rooms, engineered oak flooring and ceramic floor tiles laid throughout the ground floor, and neutral carpeting on the staircase and in the first floor bedrooms. The home is accessed via a light filled entrance vestibule, and welcoming reception hall with proportions which can comfortably accommodate a range of large free-standing items. Viewers will not fail to be impressed by the instantly appealing lounge/dining room, undoubtedly the “hub” of the home, which boasts an impressive exposed granite wall incorporating an inglenook fireplace and gas burning coal effect fire, painted original ceiling beams, and triple aspect windows which flood the space with natural light. Across the hall is the fully fitted kitchen which offers ample space for a dining table and chairs, and boasts an array of oak effect cabinets with cathedral-style doors, glazed display units, a ceramic hob with chimney-style extractor canopy above, eye-level electric double oven/grill, and a range of integrated appliances, including a new dishwasher. Adjacent to the kitchen is the utility room with glazed double doors opening directly onto the rear garden, fitted with ample base and wall units, sink, worktop accommodation, and a washing machine which will remain. Located at the end of the hall, and enjoying a good degree of privacy from the public rooms, is the attractive master bedroom which has double doors leading onto the rear garden. Benefitting from a spacious built-in wardrobe, this room also enjoys the luxury of a bright, extensively tiled en-suite bathroom fitted with a modern white suite. Also on this level is a further double bedroom, a home office, and a smart family bathroom fitted with contemporary “Roca” sanitary ware, comprising: wc, wall mounted wash basin with mixer tap, double-ended bath, and a brand new glazed shower enclosure. A carpeted staircase ascends from the hall to a bright landing, meantime used a quiet reading space, where a large velux window draws in an abundance of natural light. Completing the accommodation are two spacious double bedrooms, one benefiting from an adjoining dressing room/study, and the other with access to a large eaves storage area. It is believed that potential exists to create a further two bedrooms on this level, subject to obtaining the necessary planning consents, and interior viewing is essential to fully appreciate the charm and appeal of this delightful family home.
- Entrance Vestibule
- Reception Hall
- Lounge/Dining Room
- 7.39m x 6.65m (24’3” x 21’10”) approx
- Dining Kitchen
- 4.39m x 3.66m (14’5” x 12’) approx
- Utility Room
- 3.1m x 2.08m (10’2” x 6’10”) approx
- Master Bedroom
- 4.57m x 3.45m (15’ x 11’4”) approx
- 2.21m x 1.65m (7'3" x 5'5") approx
- Bedroom 2
- 4.39m x 3.89m (14’5” x 12’9”) approx
- Home Office
- 2.21m x 1.7m (7’3” x 5’7”) approx
- Family Bathroom
- 3.12m x 2.36m (10’3” x 7’9”) approx
- First Floor
- Bedroom 3
- 4.39m x 3.89m (14’5” x 12’9”) approx
- Dressing Room/Study
- 2.82m x 2.16m (9’3” x 7’1”) approx
- Bedroom 4
- 4.22m x 3.25m (13’10” x 10’8”) approx
- The front garden is screened from the road by a low level wall and neatly trimmed hedge. Laid mainly in tarmac and providing convenient off-road parking for several cars, hanging baskets, planters and borders stocked with heathers and seasonal plants provide a welcome splash of colour. The rear garden is fully enclosed and can be accessed from either side of the property via stone chipped paths. Enjoying a particularly private aspect, the child and pet friendly rear garden is laid to lawn, surrounded by bark chipped borders which host a variety of established shrubs and plants. A large paved patio offers a secluded space for outdoor dining and relaxation, whilst a separate paved area is ideal for barbecuing. Wooden shed. Outside lights and water tap.
- Single Garage
- Fitted with up-and-over front door, power, light, water, wooden and Dexion metal shelving, with a door opening directly into the rear garden.
- Travel south from Aberdeen on the A90, exiting the dual carriageway where signposted for Newtonhill. At the mini roundabout exit immediate left into a sliproad where number 50 is located on the left, clearly identifiable by our For Sale sign.
Newtonhill is a picturesque coastal village located approx 9 miles south of Aberdeen City, popular with families, and benefiting from a good range of local amenities which include a Tesco supermarket, convenience store, post office, pharmacy, church, outdoor tennis courts, and play park. There are established scenic walks, and the adjacent dual carriageway provides easy access to the business parks at Portlethen, Altens and Tullos, as well as the bustling coastal town of Stonehaven to the south. There is an excellent local primary school and secondary education is available at either Portlethen Academy or Mackie Academy in Stonehaven.No result founded