We are delighted to offer for sale this charming, semi-detached, stone built cottage located within the popular coastal village of Newburgh. Boasting a generous level of single storey accommodation, the property enjoys open views towards the Ythan Estuary, and benefits include a gas fired central heating system, uPVC double glazed windows and exterior doors, a detached single car garage, and an abundance of off-road parking on the driveway or, for larger vehicles, in the rear garden. Also particularly worthy of mention is the vast floored and insulated loft space, which may have potential for further development, subject to obtaining the necessary planning consents. Recent improvements include the installation of a stylish kitchen, the bathroom has been upgraded, fresh décor has been applied throughout, and new fitted floor coverings have been laid. The rooms comprise: bright entrance vestibule, and hall, central to the home and offering access to the loft space via a hatch with ramsay ladder; instantly appealing, front facing lounge; superbly appointed kitchen offering ample space for dining and boasting an array of stylish, white, handleless cabinets; two good sized double bedrooms, one benefiting from a fitted mirror-fronted wardrobe, and each with floor space to accommodate free-standing furniture; and the smart bathroom fitted with white sanitary ware within a vanity unit, and enamel bath and over-bath shower. The delightful gardens are easily maintained, laid in grass with flower borders at the front, and enclosed by a low picket fence at the rear, where the space is child and pet friendly and there is easy access to the estuary and dunes. Representing an ideal choice for a first time buyer or couple, interior viewing is strongly recommended to fully appreciate this desirable home.
- Entrance Vestibule
- Accessed via a partially glazed/uPVC front door, the bright entrance to the home features neutral décor and new laminate wood flooring. High level cupboard housing the electricity meter/fusebox. Smoke detector and circular spotlight fitting. Glazed multi-pane door to hall.
- Central to the home, the inviting hall provides access to most rooms. Hatch to extensive newly floored and insulated loft space, accessed via a pull down Ramsay ladder, believed to have potential for further development, subject to obtaining necessary planning consents. Telephone point. Spotlight fitting. New laminate wood flooring.
- 4.1m x 4.1m (13’5” x 13’5”) approx
- Comfortably proportioned, this instantly appealing lounge is filled with natural light and offers direct access to the kitchen. Central to the room is an attractive fire suite with wooden mantle and electric fire. Co-ordinating fresh décor, curtains fitted to metal pole, and new laminate wood flooring. Contemporary ceiling light. TV aerial point with satellite connection.
- Dining Kitchen
- 4.62m x 3.68m (15’2” x 12’1”) approx
- Superbly appointed kitchen, recently fitted with an array of stylish, handleless, white gloss cabinets including deep pan drawers, base, eye-level and larder units, complemented by under-unit lighting, and light wood effect work surfaces. Asterite 1.5 bowl sink and drainer with mixer tap, above which is large window enjoying a pleasant outlook over the rear garden. Ceramic hob with acrylic splashback and extractor canopy above; eye-level electric double oven/grill; integrated fridge/freezer; free-standing “Hotpoint” washing machine and dishwasher, both of which will remain. Telephone point. Heat sensor. Two spotlight tracks. New laminate wood flooring. Door to Rear Vestibule and partially glazed door to the rear garden.
- Double Bedroom 1
- 4.22m x 3.35m (13’10” x 11’) approx
- Spacious front facing bedroom benefiting from a fitted mirror-fronted wardrobe with ample floor space to accommodate a range of free-standing furniture. Built-in shelved cupboard. Full length curtains fitted polished chrome pole, and new laminate wood flooring. Telephone point. Contemporary ceiling light.
- Double Bedroom 2
- 3.71m x 3.28m (12’2” x 10’9”) approx
- Ideal second bedroom, enjoying a quiet aspect overlooking the rear garden. Tied-back curtains fitted to window. Shelved built-in cupboard. Contemporary ceiling light. New laminate wood flooring.
- Smart bathroom, upgraded in recent years, and fitted with a white vanity unit incorporating a wc with recessed cistern, and counter-sunk wash basin with mixer tap and tiled splashback; and enamel bath, above which is a mains shower and glass bi-fold screen. Shelved display recess with low level cupboard. Fitted mirror above the vanity unit. Vertical radiator/towel warmer. Circular spotlight fitting. Opaque rear facing window. Ceramic wall tiling and new laminate wood flooring.
- At the front a stone dyke encloses the garden where a metal gate and paved path lead to the front door. The garden is laid in grass with borders hosting a variety of seasonal plants. A long gravel driveway at the side provides convenient off-road parking and leads around to the rear where there is more space for parking larger vehicles. Fully enclosed at the rear with a fabulous open view towards the Nature Reserve, the large garden is child and pet friendly, and a paved patio offers an ideal space for outdoor relaxation. Outside lighting and water tap. The two plastic stores will remain.
- Single Garage
- Detached from the home, the single car garage is fitted with an up-and-over front door, power, light, shelving and storage cabinets.
- From Aberdeen travel north via King Street, Ellon Road and onto the A90. Travel approximately 11 miles, exiting off the dual carriageway onto a slip road where signposted “Newburgh”. Follow the road to the village and travel along Main Street where Ash Cottage is located along on the right hand side of the road, clearly identifiable by our for sale sign.
Newburgh is a pleasant coastal village lying approximately 11 miles to the north of Aberdeen City. Renowned for its splendid beach, dunes and estuary, which is home to an interesting variety of wildlife, there are a host of local amenities available which include a selection of shops serving everyday needs, hotels and restaurants, a bistro, and primary school. Recreational pursuits can be enjoyed at Forvie Nature Reserve, which is very popular with tourists, and at a variety of challenging golf courses nearby, including the world acclaimed Trump Links.No result founded